Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Cupid's Chronicles:: Candace: The Phone Call


Hello All!!!! Okay so let me set the scene... I'm in my office today checking my work email, preparing for today's presentation that I have to present to some VERY important clients and.... my cell phone rings. My screen reads a name that makes my heart drop, Kai! Now let me back track, who is Kai you ask? Kai is the ONE man that I have ever loved in my adult life. I have always been viewed by my friends as the 'workaholic' and for the most part their view of me was accurate. I work 24 hours a day and not because I love my job but because I'm good at it and it pays extremely well! For this reason I saw men a as deterrent from making money. Kai should've been viewed no differently but for some reason I've allowed his handsome looks and charm to interrupt my tunnel vision. Allowing him into my heart proved to be one of the worst mistakes of my life! I've known Kai for years, through mutual friends, and I understood him to be quite the ladies man. For this reason, I set my mind to avoid catching feelings at all cost and I was doing well until one day my bullet proof armor was powerless. I fell in love and HARD but so did he...I think. We soon made our relationship public and his girlfriend of 6 years (yes you read it correctly) caught wind of it and exposed Kai's truth. He was living a double life and was currently juggling two relationships. So I found myself picking up the pieces in my life and delving into my work full steam ahead until, 7 months later, my phone rings! I thought I was over him! So why does something as simple as seeing his name on my phone make my world crumble! I was stern when telling him to lose my number today, but I know if I never hear from him again I'll be even more hurt. Blogville, I have really met my match with this one! Okay I gotta finish this later it's close to presentation time. I hope I can keep it together long enough to land this deal...Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Girl get your power back and don't answer his call... period! he will continue to get a little bit of power each time he calls and you answer...

    ReplyDelete